Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Tea and a Very Special Guest!


Welcome darlings,

I'm so glad you stop by to have some tea!
Let me introduce to you my special
guest.  He's a chickadee, but not a
common chickadee.  This one is 
very special, because he was created
by my dear husband.

Isn't he adorable?

He's my husband very first bird carving. 
I think he did a marvelous job, I'm
so proud of him!
You know I love birds, and especially
chickadees.  Every time I hear them singing
my heart melts.
What about you, do you like a bird in 
particular ?



Come, let us have some tea and continue
to talk about happy things.
~Chaim Potok



Angels we have heard on high...


Sweetly singing.


O Holy Night...


What can I give him?
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb
If I were a Wise Man
I would do my part~
Yet what I can give him,
Give my heart.
~Christina Rossetti




I did a few changes on the mantel this year, 
and  I added a wreath and candle holders on
the wall.


I bought this little church at Christmas Tree Shops.


Jolly old St.Nicholas






Steam rises from a cup of tea
and we are wrapped in history,
inhaling ancient times and lands,
comfort of ages in our hands.
~Faith Greenbowl


Have a blessed Christmas!

I'm joining this lovely ladies...











  

10 comments:

  1. Wendy, your little chickadee is so cute. Your husband did good. I like cardinals, I think because of the bright red. But we don't have many cardinals here. I also like oriels and I do get them to come to my feeders in the summer.
    Wishing you a Blessed Christmas.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Wendy! Just came across your blog from the tea party at Rose Chintz Cottage. Love your white teapot/set and snow angel!! You have some beautiful Christmas decor. I love collecting 'tea' stuff,as well as decorating with the cottage/shabby chic style. Thanks for sharing the pretty pics! Have a blessed week!
    Ann @ http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ! I love the bird carving... He looks soo adorable... And the angel looks cute... !!! Lovely decor... !!!

    Have a great week ahead !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hve such lovely ornaments! Chickadees are among my favorite birds-so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Wendy,
    What pretty photos. I love chickadees and we enjoy having them all year round at the feeder just outside our front window. They are so cute and entertaining too. Your husband did an amazing job carving that little fellow!
    Your tea things are lovely and the angel is very pretty. Love the boot! Thank you so much for joining me for my Christmas Tea. I hope you have a delightful week and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, Your tree is so pretty! Love the mantel and the very interesting stocking too!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Chickadee is beautiful! Your husband did a fantastic job! Love the angelic tea and that is an amazing stocking - the cutest I have ever seen! Thank you for sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post and your decorating. Your husband is so talented. I enjoy our chickadees on our feeder.
    Hope this comment goes through to you. I have been trying to post one since you came to be my first follower.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy ... Everything is lovely ... so beautiful. I especially like your chickadee. Your husband did a beautiful job. Bird nests and birds are one of my favorite decorations. My Follower list is not working all the time ... but thanks for joining. Your picture does show. Christmas Blessings. Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Greetings, Wendy!
    All is just sooo lovely. I love the warmth from your photos.
    Happy Christmas,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...